House Meeting Training
Time & Location
About the Event
‘Get inspired and practice how to lead your justice ministry House Meeting! In our model, a House Meeting is a conversation about social issues with a spiritual purpose. These are personal events hosted by Group Leaders who invite personal connections who are already Justice Ministry Members or who may want to get involved by becoming a Member to help us move issues forward.
This event is led by the Capital Area Justice Ministry staff and several Facilitators who will help Group Leaders learn how to conduct a House Meeting. Through practical exercises and immediate evaluations, Group Leaders will know exactly what to say when inviting House Meeting guests, talking about the social justice issues at hand and asking these guests to possibly become Justice Ministry Members.
If you are already signed up to be a Group Leader and host a House Meeting, then this event is for you! We will cover:
- House Meeting tips & definitions
- How to invite guests to your House Meeting
- Sample House Meeting agenda
- Ice breakers
- Asking the Two Questions
- Immediate feedback from facilitators onsite!
- How to invite guests to be a a member of your congregation‘s Justice Ministry Network as a Member
- Tips for selecting House Meeting helpers from among your guests
- How to handle all types of responses—from “yes” to “no.”